Your Chrome URL bar allows you to search the database directly from your browser! In most cases, this will be set up automatically for you. However, we have instructions below to install manually, along with some ways to customise!
1) Click the 3-bar menu icon in the top right corner of Chrome, and select "Settings".
2) Find the "Search" section in Chrome's settings. (You can use the search box in the top right if needed.) Click on the "Manage search engines..." button.
3) In the "Other search engines" section, look for the "Neopets Items" search engine. (You will likely already have it pre-installed!) If it's not there, fill in the new search engine fields with the following information:
- Add a new search engine: Neopets Items
- Keyword: items.jellyneo.net
- URL with %s in place of query: http://items.jellyneo.net/search/?name=%s&plugin=1
The Keyword section is what you need to begin typing in Chrome's URL bar to access the search engine you just created. So, instead of "items.jellyneo.net", you could also make it "items" or "i". (See the next step for details on using this feature.)
4) Click "Done" and exit out of your settings! Verify that your new search engine works by continuing on to "Using the Search Engine" below.
Using the Search Engine
1) In an existing tab (or a new one), begin typing "items.jellyneo.net" in the URL bar. If you manually installed the search bar and used a different keyword (see above, step 3), then type that instead.
2) Once you type out "items.jellyneo.net" or your keyword, hit TAB on your keyboard. The URL bar should convert to a search bar.
3) Search by an item name of your choosing!